2023 Oct 26
Make a start on toe-up socks on magic loop. They will be a pressie for someone with size 6 feet, UK. That’s US size 8 according to this converter. This conversion is needed in order to use these charts to get the foot circumference. It works out at 21.6cm.
The yarn I have for them is Stylecraft’s ‘Recreate’ recycled yarn. I have the colours:
‘Ink’ (dark grey)
‘Dijon’ (mustard yellow)
Some notes here so that I can make the 2nd sock the same as the first.
- cast on 12 on both needles to make 24
- magic cat’s cradle type technique, see vids
- increase 1 on each end of both needles
- actually 1 in from each end
- alternate with a plain row
- keep going until there are 48 stitches
After a few sessions we have: